What We Do
The Secretary of Finance provides guidance to the four key agencies within the Finance Secretariat. These agencies handle all the financial transactions of the Commonwealth — from collecting taxes, to paying bills, to distributing aid to localities.
Their responsibilities include:
- forecasting and collecting revenues
- managing the Commonwealth’s cash and investments
- selling bonds
- overseeing internal audits
- making strategic financial plans
- preparing and executing the Commonwealth’s budget.