What We Do
The Secretary of Finance provides guidance to the four key agencies within the Finance Secretariat. These agencies handle all the financial transactions of the Commonwealth — from collecting taxes to paying bills and distributing aid to localities.
Their responsibilities include:
- Forecasting and collecting revenues
- Managing the Commonwealth’s cash and investments
- Selling bonds
- Overseeing internal audits
- Making strategic financial plans
- Preparing and executing the Commonwealth’s budget.